Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Small world...

So I just got off the phone with my brother...we will call him T. T recently started dating a new girl. At first it annoyed me...I am picky about who my little brother dates, he doesn't have the best dating track record, and I LOVED his last long term girlfriend, she was really a great girl. Also, this new girl is two years older than me...I didn't like that idea either. However, after talking with my brother about her, she seemed okay. When I got off the phone with him, I was thinking about her name...he couldn't remember her last name, just the first letter of it. He also said her first name was different so she went by an easier nickname. All of this sounded really familiar. She also had gone to my elementary school...

So I did some digging, literally. I went into the basement and started to dig through storage bins to find my elementary school yearbooks. I found them! And I found her...the new girl in my little bro's life. As it turns out...she and I were friends. We played on the same softball team, 20 years ago! How freaking funny is that?!

I had to call my brother back and give him this latest development. He thought it was hilarious. He is going to tell her about it tonight. It is just really a very small world...

Oh and I do now approve of him dating her. If she is anything like I remember her being 20 years ago, she is great. I hope that things work out between them.

No comments: