Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's the End of the World...

...Well, maybe not the world, just undergrad...
It has been almost two week, two week tomorrow to be exact, that I have been done with school. The time has gone by so quickly, I barely have realized that I am done. Of course all those extra hours I was so anxiously awaiting, have quickly been sucked up into nothing. I have no idea how I am wasting my newfound time, but I am, as I always do.

It still feels a bit like a vacation, or the few weeks off in between semesters. Given more time, I am sure it will really sink in that I am not going back. Working at a University helps me get over the longing for school days. The new books, the anticipation of new classes. All I have to do is walk down the hall outside my office and look at the faces of the anxious students...yeah I don't miss it all.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...
There are days though, where I worry about wasting too much time. Where it feels like my life is on fast forward. Where I sit in my office and watch everything rush quickly by, and I am stuck sitting here in the same part of time and space.

I am jealous of the students I see all day, they have goals and a direction. They seem to know exactly where they are going, and they are so young. They have so much time a head of them.

Hopefully all of those people who were telling me that 30 is the new 20 a year and a half ago were right... ;-)

No comments: