Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Loser, once again...

I quit my job today, yep after only 2 days. It just wasn't for me...and I realize how irresponsible it is quitting a job with out another one lined up, but I was too unhappy to wait for something else. So, I am an unemployed loser, a stay at home lady friend once again...

I don't really feel anything about quitting...not sure what that means. After only 2 days, though, I don't think I really had any kind of attachment to the place. It really wasn't any one thing that drove me to quit. The people were nice enough, the work was meh...it was more the politics behind working in that type of industry...either that or working for a billion dollar company, sitting behind a desk maybe made me soft. That or the freedom to get up from my desk and move around at my own will maybe is just too appealing to me.

It was an experience and I do have to say I learned a lot from it. I really think the biggest problem was that this job reminded me of a job I had in high school, my first real job actually. It was working in a sub shop in Palmyra, PA. I worked after school and on weekends. It was slave labor as far as I was concerned. I came home smelling like meatballs and onions. It was so gross I couldn't eat subs for years afterwards. I only lasted there a few months. September until December. During my time there I went to Europe for three weeks and for whatever reason going back to that place after traveling around Europe just seemed dirty...I went back for one day and quit that day, never to return.

This place smelled similar to that place...the work was very much the same and the people were the same. It freaked me out...it made me feel like I was 16 again...a time I really don't wish to relive.

Maybe I am a chicken and I run away from things that frighten me. When I sold greeting cards I would intentionally leave the register if someone came in for the lottery. The lottery machine was confusing and people buy lottery tickets are very particular...it was just too much pressure. If I could see someone walking through the parking lot that was a lottery regular, I would hid in the store so I didn't have to use the machine. Pathetic.

Oh well...wish me luck in the continuing job hunt. Tomorrow I may hit up the mall, there were some help wanted signs posted when Grande and I were there last night. Maybe I will have some luck with something there. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: